7 Nights/8 Days
December 22-29, 2017
$4,300 Double Occupancy; $4,700 Single Occupancy*
Cuba Now introduces you to the island with experiences that provide insight into what’s happening socially, economically, and politically. Cuba has been off-limits to most U.S. travelers for more than 50 years, so this trip has a lot of catching up to do! Traveling to Havana, Cienfuegos and Trinidad, you’ll get up close and personal with Cubans from all walks of life and have a chance to learn how relations with the U.S. affect their daily lives.
Click here to download the travel form
- Walking tour of Old Havana and its famous plazas and a visit to independent business and galleries on Obispo Street
- Visit to Chevet Akim, the oldest synagogue in Cuba, and Centro Sefaradi to meet with its program directors and to discuss the role of Jewish life in Cuba
- Tour of the Museum of Fine Arts, one of the largest collections of visual arts in Cuba
- Drive to the seaside village of Cojimar and enjoy lunch in the town made famous by Ernest Hemingway
- A visit and lunch with the visionary artist Jose Fuster in the town of Jaimanitas where you'll explore his unique and colorful landscape
- Meeting with Jose Pepe Viera, former UN diplomat and Vice Minister of Foreign Relations to discuss the current status of US-Cuba relations
- Experience the ArteCorte project, a creative enterprise located in a beauty salon that is part museum/part training center
- Travel to Cienfuegos, Cuba's "pearl of the south," and meet with local artists, musicians, and gallery owners
- Tour the town of Varadero, which is rapidly losing its famous wooden houses to the tourist trade's large resorts
- Explore the eco-community of Las Terrazas in the Sierra del Rosario Mountains
*Trip Price: $4,300 Double Occupancy; $4,700 Single Occupancy
Price includes hotel, all breakfasts, program meals and meal gratuities listed as “included” in the program (excluding alcoholic drinks), air-conditioned bus, Cuban guide and driver, CCS representative, museum fees.
Costs do not include air, travel insurance, gratuities to guides, drivers, and hotel staff for porterage and/or room service.